Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Vagrant file for a development version of Narro

I wrote my first Vagrantfile. If you don't know what vagrant is, you might want to read vagrantup.com first.

The idea is to get a vanilla Narro running in a virtual machine so you can easily test it. It was a good exercise to find Narro dependencies.

It's really easy to write the Vagrantfile and manifests, but it was a pain to get the image running until I read on the issue tracker that there's a problem with the network. So I choose to boot with the GUI on and if needed I login with vagrant/vagrant and do a sudo /etc/init.d/./networking restart.

The archive with the Vagrantfile, manifests and instructions is here.

I'll keep updating if needed.

Next step is to trim down the list of reported issues, then a 2.0 release.

No comments: